What is H₂O Industries flooring made from?
Our flooring is made from closed-cell PE/EVA foam. Our unique blend offers a high-quality finish that is super practical and offers a flooring solution that is a cut-above standard marine carpet and other flooring solutions. Each foam piece also has an adhesive backing, which makes self-installation very simple.
How to install EVA flooring?
At H2O Industries, we offer marine installation! If you can bring your boat to our
Gold Coast office, we'll be happy to help.
If self-installing, please carefully follow these steps:
1. Lay out decking as intended for installation. Check to see if pieces will fit as intended if you haven’t already done so.
2. Select your first piece of H₂O Industries flooring for installation. Flip this piece over so that the adhesive backing is face-up. With a sharp razor knife, carefully cut the adhesive paper backing down the centre at the shortest width. Be sure to completely cut through the backing paperer without cutting the decking.
3. Peel back and fold the four corners of the paper backing.
4. Turn the decking piece back over and position it exactly in your desired area of installation.
5. Using the 25mm masking tape, tape one side of the decking in position on the application surface. Taping prevents the decking from moving while installing.
6. Carefully lift the side that is not taped down and pull up the folded corners to loosen the adhesive backing.
7. From the centre working towards the outer edges, slowly and carefully peel the rest of the paper backing while applying the decking. Apply firm, even pressure with a roller over the decking to ensure there’s a strong bond between the decking and the surface area. Please note: the firmer the roll the better the bond. Do not pull or stretch the material.
8. Remove the masking tape from the other side of the decking and repeat step 7.
9. Firmly roll and press down on all surface areas and edges of the decking to ensure there’s uniform adhesion.
10. Select the next decking piece for installation and repeat steps 1 – 9 until all pieces have been successfully installed.
Please be patient with your decking installation as full adhesion bond dwell time between the deck and decking material takes 3 days to reach full cure.
To download this guide, please
click here for our
Care, Installation & Warranty Manual
How to clean EVA foam?
One of the main benefits of an H₂O flooring solution is how quick and easy it is to clean! We recommend cleaning any spills as soon as possible with warm, soapy water. For more stubborn stains, an all-purpose cleaner, warm water and a medium bristled deck brush will be more effective. Very stubborn stains like fish blood or rust may need additional products. Please read our Care, Installation & Warranty Manual here for a full breakdown of how to clean H₂O Industries Flooring.
Will my H20 Industries flooring be covered by warranty?
Definitely. Please feel free to download our Care, Installation & Warranty Manual here.
Do you ship Australia wide?
We sure do. Get in touch with us here and we can happily help with your enquiry.
What is light amplification?
Light amplification is when light travels through, is reflected by or magnified by another surface. Its important to be aware of how light amplification can affect your H2O Industries product.
All H2O Industries products are designed with durability and fade-protection in mind. This means that they can easily withstand temperatures as high at 70 degrees celcius, which from direct sunlight should not often be an issue. The issue arises when the light is amplified or magnified by suraces such as windshields, or reflected by highly-reflective surfaces, such as fibreglass. Amplified light can rise to temperatures in excess of 70 degrees, which can cause surfaces to distort, shift from their place of installation, or even immediately discolour.
Light amplification can happen anywhere within a boat, or in other areas where light may be magnified or reflected. Please consider this when choosing your H2O Industries products.
For more information on light amplification, please see our Customer Care, Maintenance and Warranty Guide